The Cancer Bridges website will be undergoing scheduled maintenance from March 17th to March 20th. During this time the website may be unavailable.

Welcome to Spring 2022 Happy Feet! Please introduce yourself.

Return to Happy Feet Dashboard

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hello Everyone – I want us to get to know each other. Take a minute to introduce yourself. You can upload a photo as well if you like. This chat board is for all of us. Ask Questions – share information and cheer each other on!

Inactive

Hey everyone! I’m Rachel. I’m 41 years old and from Illinois. I was diagnosed on 11/02/2021 with stage 4 bilateral inflammatory breast cancer (er+ pr+ HER2-) with mets to my spine (L3, L4, S2) and my sixth and seventh right ribs. I had four AC chemotherapy treatments and 12 Taxol chemotherapy treatments. I am now on Ibrance, Letrozole, and monthly Zoladex injections. I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Inactive

Hello, I’m Tim and I was diagnosed with Sragstage 4 metastatic colon cancer last yeayear April 2021. I went through surgery t to remove a large tumor on the outside of my colon and other items they found too. I have an ilestomy and a pluerx to help drain the fluid in my abdomen. Thank goodness for my car accident on April 13, 2021 or I would have never know that I had colon cancer and wouldn’t be alive today. I wentthrough 12 harsh chemo treatments (twice a month) and it didn’t do anything for the cancer. I’m currently in a clinical trial (4th week) and hoping for a good outcome. My cancer is caused by a genetic disorder and hopefully this trial will turn off the gene that is creating the cancer. Unfortunately, I have a huge hernia from my first surgery and they won’t do anything with it unless if it causes problems with my digestion or bathroom issues.
    I guess it could be worse and I’m thankful for being alive and still able to drive and go to work. Peace and welcome to all !!

Keymaster

Thank you Rachel and Tim! You are both Rocks Stars- Dealing with so much and still working hard!
    Here is a link to the Chair Exercises Dr. Katie was talking about last night. Check with your Doc to be sure.
    Chair Exercises for Moving Through Cancer

Participant

Hello to All,

my name is Karen Raman, I’m a 30 year survivor of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. I’ve undergone 13 rounds of chemo therapy, 2 rounds of radiation, 2 stem cell transplants & am now on my second immunotherapy drug. At this time, there is no cure so i will be on immunotherapy for life to hopefully keep my disease bunker control. I seem to always have fatigue so I hope by continuing with this second round of HAPPY FEET, I will notice even more positive changes.

I’m looking forward to getting to know my fellow attendees.

Inactive

Hello everyone,
    My name is Cheryl and I am a 29 year breast cancer survivor.
    I was diagnosed at the age of 35. I have had a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction. I am also a caregiver for my husband who had a stroke 8 years ago.
    This is my second Happy Feet program. Just love the class and all of you. Thanks Jen for doing this class. It means so much to me. Okay guys. Let’s get moving!

Participant

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Beth. I was diagonised with Invasive ductal carcinoma in November. Had my surgery the begining of February. They also found Invasive lobular at the time of surgery. The good news was that when they sent in the pathology for the ductal at surgery none was present. Her negative, er and pr positve.
    20 treatments of radiation. 7 more to go. this my second happy feet, I so enjoy it. Thank you so much Jen. I have learned so much with this program and all the other programs here on cancer Bridges. Words can not express how grateful I am. We got this.

Inactive

Hi all!

My name is Mary and I am supporting my husband who has colon cancer. He had emergency surgery in January and just finished his 4th chemo treatment. I am hoping to encourage him to join me to increase movement and improve nutrition.

Keymaster

I am posting another link from the Moving Through Cancer Website- They do have a handful of suggestions for specific cancers.
    But as Dr. Katie said on Sunday- just start any movement is better than none.

https://www.movingthroughcancer.com/move

Inactive

I didn’t attach a photo when I first introduced myself and wanted to do that so everyone could put a face to a name and show off Winston (my pug) lol He’s my whole world and has been more support through everything I’m going through more than I could have ever imagined.

Inactive

I’m Marie. 2006 diagnosed oliogdendroglioma. was stable until 12/21 then had gamma knife 1/13/22. now I’m as stable as possible as brain is still swollen and the tumor is enhanced but told that it may shrink more with time. I’m cleared now to have left hip replaced. just waiting on a date. look forward to being able to walk miles again instead of only couple blocks

Inactive

Hi all. Im Stephanie. I’m 50yo and feeling pretty good. I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer four years ago. My treatment so far hasn’t been bad. Ibrance zometa and zolodex aromasin. I’m capable of being active so I’m hoping this will help me make activity more routine.

Inactive

Hi my name is Maria Worst My husband has stage 4 colon cancer. He was cancer free for 2 years. It will be 2 years on our anniversary August 21st that he was diagnosed with metastatic Colon cancer. Traveling to lungs and liver. The last scan showed Clean Liver and Colon. The colon cancer in the lungs has multiplied and increased in size. He is in good spirits most of the time. They are changing up his medication, to what he originally was treated. He gets sick in different was with this medication. For the last 3 months he was able to have chemo treatments monthly. we are now back to chemo every 2 weeks. We were all hoping for a break. Paul likes to garden and fish. Difficult to be outside in the summer and not get sun.
    My father’s health is also failing. He is in respite and is moving to an assistant living facility which is located less than 2 miles from our home. At least that is the plan for today. We were looking for a skilled nursing facility, however, the best homes are all on wait lists. No room in the inn. I feel the Assistive Living will be best for him at this time. My mom is also having health issues that I am dealing with at this time. I try to keep my chin up and take one day at a time. I am enjoying the Happy Feet program. I enjoy seeing everyone when I can get to the programs.

Inactive

Hi everyone!! I’m Jet, and am a caregiver. My aunt had triple negative breast cancer 5 years ago, went thru chemo and radiation. Because of her I went and got my oncology massage training (Have been a massage therapist since 2002). I learn something new everyday because of what I do, and meeting everyone here. Thank you for letting me join you all in finding my fitness, it is a pleasure seeing everyone!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.