The Cancer Bridges website will be undergoing scheduled maintenance from March 17th to March 20th. During this time the website may be unavailable.

Please- Introduce yourself

Return to Happy Feet Dashboard

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi my name is jen

Keymaster

Hi. My name is Mia.

Keymaster

Hello Everyone! I hope you enjoyed learning from Dr. Kathryn Schmitz last night.
    Please feel free to introduce yourself and share how you like to get your minutes of movement.
    I live in the South Hills and like to walk – it’s hard with weather like this but a friend text and asked me to walk at the Mall.

Inactive

Hi Everyone! My name is Melanie. I am 43 and was diagnosed with Stage 2b IDC, slightly HR+/HER2- on May 12, 2020. I did 16 rounds of chemo and finished on 11/23/20. I had a bilateral mastectomy on 12/14/20 and implant swap on 8/11/21. I opted for a full hysterectomy and oophorectomy on 11/23/21. I have one more surgery on 2/15/22 to remove a benign cyst in my pancreas (this was found in June 2019 when being tested to be a liver donor). I donated my liver on 11/15/19 and had this surgery scheduled for 5/19/20; when I found my lump so it got pushed to the back burner. I am so thrilled that I am finally nearing the finish line!! I have done so much reading and research and have learned how important exercise and mental health are to your healing and health. I am so thankful to have found all of these wonderful groups, programs and support system to help me continue down my path of “life after cancer”.

Participant

Hello. I’m Jonathan. I was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer in April of 2020 in the ER right at the height of the first COVID pandemic. The ER doc might have been an alien judging by the space suit and the number of anal probes I have had to endure in the last two years. Since then, I have had almost constant chemo and a surgery to remove the mass in my colon and seven tumors from my liver. The largest was the size of a baseball. I have no idea how that even happens. Wendy says I must have a high tolerance for pain.

Before my career in public health, I was a fitness instructor and Personal Trainer but let my habits slide when I started graduate school. Since my diagnosis, I have continued to become more sedentary. My only exercise is moving around the house now. Last spring, I took the dogs out for a walk around the neighborhood at least a few times a week but chemo has really limited how much physical activity I can do. I have to count my spoons, take lots of breaks and stay on top of my nausea medication if I want to accomplish something big.

I look forward to the program and will increase the amount of movement I do by tackling some projects around the house.

Inactive

Hello Everyone- I will be walking, cycling (Indoor), or yoga. I missed last night but want to watch the episode. This group is amazing ,the strength we have all shown needS to be celebrated. Wow! Breast cancer survivor age 53,lumpectomy, four rounds of chemo and radiation finished in October- still shocked that all happened last year.

Inactive

Hello, my name is Cheryl. I am a breast cancer survivor and retired almost 2 years ago at age 62. I am also a caregiver to my husband who had a stroke 7 years ago. Needless to say after retiring I started being lazy. I sm more of a fair weather walker, but veined doing the class yesterday, I shoveled snow for a 1/2 hour and walked for a 1/2 hour. I so enjoyed the class.

Inactive

Hi! I’m Sue D. I have Metastatic Breast Cancer, HR+, HR2-. I was diagnosed last March and it was discovered that it had already metastasized in my bones. No surgery, some radiation on my leg but I take an anti-hormone and Ibrance. I really struggle with fatigue and am hoping that Happy Feet will help give me incentive to move more so it beats the fatigue. When I got my diagnosis I had been working as an Elementary School Counselor in a suburb of Pittsburgh. I retired early and my husband and I moved out to the country. We now live in a log cabin near Ligonier. I’m trying to get used to country living! Between Covid, living in a small town and just retiring I feel pretty isolated so I’m also looking forward to the social aspect of this group!

Inactive

Hello Sue, I live in Greensburg in Westmoreland county. Ligonier is a nice little town. I saw that this past weekend they had the ice sculptures. I didn’t get to go this year. I too miss social interaction. After my husband had his stroke, he doesn’t like to talk much or hear me talk. Cancer Bridges saved me. I enjoy everything about it. Have a good week

Inactive

Hi All
    My name is Ramona. I live in McCandless. This is my second time around. I had breast cancer almost 20 years ago with no signs of a problem until last summer. I am participating in a research study for high risk patients using contrast with a mammogram. My tumor showed up with the contrast. I had surgery and am now completing chemo. I have two more to go and then I will take an Aromatase inhibitor for at least 5 years and of course lots of screening for any sign of a reoccurrence.

Exercise is a real challenge for me. I always seen to have something more pressing that usually involves setting such as reading, answering email etc. i am hoping joining a group helps me get more motivated.

Inactive

Hi! my name is Lisa. I am a full time special education teacher and mom to a 14 year old son. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2020. I love to take care of others, but I never seem to have the time to take care of myself. I am hoping that this group will help to change that.

Inactive

Hi my name is Harriette Grant I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011 and diagnosed with lymphoma in 2014 they also found a pre-cancerous lump on my right food in 2016. All of this after being diagnosed with MS in 1996. I am a 77 year old woman who retired as Warehouse Manager of Nabisco in East Liberty Pa back in 2000. I did some PT last year but never returned after my husband had a hip replacement in August 2021. I am hoping this will get me back on the right trail of doing something for myself.

Inactive

Hi, All. I am Jen Hammerstrom. I was diagnosed with Stage 2B TNBC in May 2018. 16 rounds of chemo, surgery, radiation, and Xeloda to help mop up any ornery cells that may have made it out under the radar. I have struggled with movement and exercise my whole life. I love the idea of this group and am really enjoying it so far.

It’s nice to know we have our own little community of local folks.

Inactive

Hey everyone. My name is Sonjia. I am 52 and I am in remission from stage 3 Vuvular cancer. I am also bipolar and I am struggling with depression and panic attacks. I own a small baking business that in the last year has become more well know in the area I live. I am from New Kensington in Westmoreland County. I am very new to any group activities so with that being said please bear with me and if you notice I don’t attend something make me accountable.
    Thanks and nice to meet you 🙃

Inactive

Hello I’m Kim. I’m about to turn 50. Was diagnosed in October 2020 with breast cancer. I’ve done chemo, radiation, lumpectomy, and oophorectomy. I get zolidronic acid infusions every 3 months to help strengthen my bones and keep the cancer from returning there. I’m married with a college age daughter and we currently live in Murrysville. I’m hoping this helps me move forward and take back my life.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.