The Cancer Bridges website will be undergoing scheduled maintenance from March 17th to March 20th. During this time the website may be unavailable.

The giant idea of LIFE!

Return to Happy Feet Dashboard
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

How many of us survivors have returned to work? How many are planning to return soon?

How do I find the confidence to tell a perspective employer that I am capable of a day of work, when I haven’t had an opportunity to prove it to myself?

I can walk for 30 minutes. Is that proof that I can stand for 8 hours and toss 30 pound boxes around?

I was fired from my most recent job the moment they found out I have cancer. I don’t want to go through that again. I know I don’t have to tell them what is going on with me but it feels like it’s obvious. I’m very thin and hairless.

I have 12 years experience as a machinist. I always had trouble finding work as a female machinist. It’s not going to be easier as a cancer survivor.

I really did fail a physical capacity test when I had a tumer in me.

Thoughts? Has anyone had trouble finding work? Has anyone gone back to work only to discover they aren’t able to do the things they once did? Does anyone know of a workout routine that simulates a day of work?

I’ve tried to volunteer but have run into problems. Mostly covid.

I’ll stop babbling now. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Keymaster

Hi Jessica- This is a difficult topic. My first thought is to work with your doctors and Physical Therapist to determine endurance and health. There is a website I refer people to that might help they have a navigator that in addition to your doctor could guide you.
    https://triagecancer.org/gethelp Over all its a difficult step to return to work when everything is so different.
    For this question -“Does anyone know of a workout routine that simulates a day of work?” I would highly recommend asking you doctor to refer to you an Occupational Therapist. You are welcome to also work with our Therapists at Cancer Bridges as they have additional resources as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.