The Cancer Bridges website will be undergoing scheduled maintenance from March 17th to March 20th. During this time the website may be unavailable.

How to measure movement

Return to Happy Feet Dashboard
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I have an activity tracker that tells me know many steps i take each day. I do not have an effective method for measuring my activity in minutes. Does anyone else have this challenge?

Keymaster

Hi Ramona- We purchased stop watched. Can you come to Cancer Bridges on Wednesday or Thursday this week to pick it up along with your Book?

Inactive

Yes. I have an appointment on Wen at McGee and if they run on time I will be stopping by before noon. if they run late I will be there Thursday. Also I live near Ross Park Mall. If you have someone in this area that needs this stuff dropped off at they home or work most likely I can take care of that. Give me a call if there is someone and we can work out the details.

Inactive

I have an unusual way to track my time. Some of you might think this is fun. I hope this makes sense. I’m better with pictures than with words.

I like to draw pictures and I read for pleasure.

Also, this isn’t totally my original idea. Several years ago there was a readathon on YouTube called 25 in 5, where we tried to read for 25 hours in 5 days. They suggested doing an hour on your stop watch or kitchen timer, then making a hash mark in your notebook.

I tried that and got real tired of looking at hash marks😁

So here is what I do. Say your gaol is 20 minutes of movement in a day. Draw yourself a coloring book page with 20 fields to color in it. Example: draw a flower with a center and 4 petals. That’s 5 fields of color. Draw 4 flowers and that’s 20 fields to color. Then do a minute of movement on your stopwatch and you can color one field. Your bouquet of flowers won’t be finished until you’ve finished 20 minutes of movement.

Participant

That is a great idea. I am going to try it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.