The Cancer Bridges website will be undergoing scheduled maintenance from March 17th to March 20th. During this time the website may be unavailable.

Reply To: Welcome to Spring 2022 Happy Feet! Please introduce yourself.

Return to Happy Feet Dashboard
Inactive

Hi my name is Maria Worst My husband has stage 4 colon cancer. He was cancer free for 2 years. It will be 2 years on our anniversary August 21st that he was diagnosed with metastatic Colon cancer. Traveling to lungs and liver. The last scan showed Clean Liver and Colon. The colon cancer in the lungs has multiplied and increased in size. He is in good spirits most of the time. They are changing up his medication, to what he originally was treated. He gets sick in different was with this medication. For the last 3 months he was able to have chemo treatments monthly. we are now back to chemo every 2 weeks. We were all hoping for a break. Paul likes to garden and fish. Difficult to be outside in the summer and not get sun.
My father’s health is also failing. He is in respite and is moving to an assistant living facility which is located less than 2 miles from our home. At least that is the plan for today. We were looking for a skilled nursing facility, however, the best homes are all on wait lists. No room in the inn. I feel the Assistive Living will be best for him at this time. My mom is also having health issues that I am dealing with at this time. I try to keep my chin up and take one day at a time. I am enjoying the Happy Feet program. I enjoy seeing everyone when I can get to the programs.