The Cancer Bridges website will be undergoing scheduled maintenance from March 17th to March 20th. During this time the website may be unavailable.

Reply To: Please- Introduce yourself

Return to Happy Feet Dashboard
Inactive

Hi Everyone! My name is Melanie. I am 43 and was diagnosed with Stage 2b IDC, slightly HR+/HER2- on May 12, 2020. I did 16 rounds of chemo and finished on 11/23/20. I had a bilateral mastectomy on 12/14/20 and implant swap on 8/11/21. I opted for a full hysterectomy and oophorectomy on 11/23/21. I have one more surgery on 2/15/22 to remove a benign cyst in my pancreas (this was found in June 2019 when being tested to be a liver donor). I donated my liver on 11/15/19 and had this surgery scheduled for 5/19/20; when I found my lump so it got pushed to the back burner. I am so thrilled that I am finally nearing the finish line!! I have done so much reading and research and have learned how important exercise and mental health are to your healing and health. I am so thankful to have found all of these wonderful groups, programs and support system to help me continue down my path of “life after cancer”.