The Cancer Bridges website will be undergoing scheduled maintenance from March 17th to March 20th. During this time the website may be unavailable.

Reply To: Hello Everyone – Please introduce yourself!

Return to Happy Feet Dashboard
Inactive

Hello Everyone! I’m Rachel. I’m 41 years old and from Illinois. This will be my third time participating in the Happy Feet Program. Last time I had a lot of health issues going on and couldn’t attend all the zoom meetings like I did the first time I participated in the program. I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone in the zoom meetings this time and excited for all the speakers. A little more about me. I was diagnosed with stage 4 bilateral inflammatory breast cancer in November of 2021 with metastasis to my spine, a few ribs, and lymph nodes. I did 4 AC chemo infusion. 12 Taxol chemo infusions. Then on Christmas Eve of 2021 I suffered a stroke due to the chemo. I recovered mostly from that with occupational therapy. Although, I still have issues with using my right hand. I’m currently on oral treatments for my cancer now. Ibrance, Letrozole, and monthly Zoladex injections. Sorry for rambling but I like to introduce myself completely and my story and my lines of treatment in case there’s someone else in the group going through the same thing.